- TradeFlow transforms the risk associated with SME company import/export Commodity transactions that form the lifeblood of modern economies intoInvestment Grade products for Banks and Investors. It achieves this by using a proprietary Risk Transformation Engine (RTE) combined with the latest Digitalisation technology including Artificial Intelligence to power its innovative non-credit, non-lending model. TradeFlow’s RTE architecture provides the added advantage of superior risk-adjusted returns and capital preservation for investors and is highly complementary to traditional trade finance lending institutions like Banks.
- April 2016 the founding team with a diversified background spanning commodity trading, risk management, shipping, technology and law came together to research into and develop a solution for the growing trade finance gap faced by global SME firms operating as producers/traders/end users in the bulk commodity import/export space.
- 2016 to 2018 the founders built a solution to the SME Trade Finance ecosystem problem. The solution was to enable the Commodity transaction for an SME firm without giving credit or lending.
- This unique solution became the CEMP – USD Trade Flow Fund SP and the CEMP – EURO Trade Flow Fund SP which take a principal position and direct ownership of the commodities during shipment or during a pre-agreed storage period.
- The Fund launched in April 2018 after two years of research and development work on the business model, a digitised technology platform to allow the Fund strategy to be scalable and the legal framework master agreements to connect everything together.
- In July 2021, Tradeflow was acquired by Supply@ME Capital plc, the innovative fintech platform that provides the Inventory Monetisation© service to manufacturing and trading companies, and which is listed on the London Stock Exchange. The combined strengths of both entities further TradeFlow’s ability to fulfil its mission of enabling trade for SMEs worldwide, and in doing so, support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.