- TradeFlow transforms the risk associated with SME company import/export Commodity transactions that form the lifeblood of modern economies intoInvestment Grade products for Banks and Investors. It achieves this by using a proprietary Risk Transformation Engine (RTE) combined with the latest Digitalisation technology including Artificial Intelligence to power its innovative non-credit, non-lending model. TradeFlow’s RTE architecture provides the added advantage of superior risk-adjusted returns and capital preservation for investors and is highly complementary to traditional trade finance lending institutions like Banks.
- April 2016 the founding team with a diversified background spanning commodity trading, risk management, shipping, technology and law came together to research into and develop a solution for the growing trade finance gap faced by global SME firms operating as producers/traders/end users in the bulk commodity import/export space.
- 2016 to 2018 the founders built a solution to the SME Trade Finance ecosystem problem. The solution was to enable the Commodity transaction for an SME firm without giving credit or lending.
- This unique solution became the CEMP – USD Trade Flow Fund SP and the CEMP – EURO Trade Flow Fund SP which take a principal position and direct ownership of the commodities during shipment or during a pre-agreed storage period.
- The Fund launched in April 2018 after two years of research and development work on the business model, a digitised technology platform to allow the Fund strategy to be scalable and the legal framework master agreements to connect everything together.